Sunday, April 17, 2011

Shin Splints and Back Ache...Oh My!

So this week has been a set back as far as my exercising and diet have gone. I'm going to blame spring break for the eating part... Hopefully getting on track tomorrow will be easy! Tuesday I started getting horrible shin splints. It is still pretty painful going up the stairs and if I squat down to get something. I've read all over online it looks like rest is what is needed but this is going on day 6 now so I'm thinking possibly its doctor time. I would really like to get back into my workouts and running but its just to painful. Last night before bed I suddenly got some serious back pain, hoped it would be gone when I woke up today but nope, its not... I'm falling apart hah! So today I'm taking it easy. Made some Earth Day cupcakes for my Brownie Girl Scouts tomorrow and other then that I'm laying around on the heating pad. I am so lucky to have such a laid back daughter. I promised to take her swimming today but she can tell I don't feel well and has been reading or playing most of the day, every once in a while she comes and checks in on me and to see if I need anything, makes me want to pat myself on the back. I have truly raised the most awesome daughter, and why yes I will credit! 


I started Rosetta Stone this week and it is AWESOME! If you were ever thinking about learning another language it is definitively worth the money! I hope this time next year I will be able to have a conversation in GERMAN! How awesome. We have already started using some German words in the house since we have learnt them this week.. Danke, Wasser, das Madchen, die Mann, Katze, Hounde, nein, ja ... just to name a few! Exciting Stuff. 




And now I am off to try to muster the energy to plan my girl scout meeting for tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment